According to National Real Estate Investor, "The current economic upswing will officially celebrate its 10th anniversary in the first quarter, which is prompting some in the commercial real estate industry to take a hard look at where the economy might be headed." Join CCIM Greater Los Angeles Chapter in our Lender Panel event at Cross Campus DTLA to learn more about the Commercial Real Estate Debt Markets.
PANELISTS & MODERATOR
Michael Kaplan - President
Barry Slatt Mortgage Co.
Gilda Rivera - Senior Vice President
George Smith Partners, Inc.
William Wang - Vice President
JP Morgan Chase
Francisco Williams - Vice President
CCIM Greater Los Angeles
Linking a company's enterprise-level goals with their real estate strategy is key to offering the right space solution. Whether an investor, operator or a broker, it's important to approach real estate problems from the perspective of the user/occupant. In CI 103, you'll learn such advanced skills as how to perform a comparative lease analysis between competing assets, analyze a sale-leaseback to help a client generate capital from their owned real estate, and advise a client on a lease vs. purchase decision to facilitate expansion.
Incorporating the CCIM Decision-Making Model and the CCIM Communications/Negotiations Model, CI 103 explores new concepts regarding user discount rate selection, such as using multiple rates for some occupancy decisions based on the perception of risk related to the various occupancy cash flows.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- apply key occupancy decision-making skills such as comparative lease analysis, lease vs. purchase analysis, lease buyout analysis, and sale-leaseback analysis to optimize user space decisions;
- determine how the financial reporting requirements for real estate influence user decisions; and
- integrate negotiation skills with financial analysis skills to maximize user outcomes.
Monday, April 08, 2019 at 08:30 AMThe Beverly Hills/ Greater Los Angeles 6330 San Vicente Blvd Ste 100
- CI 101 - Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Completion of one of the following interest-based negotiations courses:
CI 102 is one of CCIM’s most innovative core courses, which shows you how to deploy “big data” and the most advanced digital tools to assess critical issues like market demand, location facility, and supply-chain strategy. CI 102 students have learned BAO mapping and data analytics to help their clients select store locations; others used Tapestry Segmentation to determine the demand for apartment properties. In CI 102 you’ll work with four case studies covering each of the major property types: office, industrial, multifamily, and retail.
This course will teach you how to:
- apply Market and Competitive Analysis, Political and Legal Analysis, Location and Site Analysis, and Financial Analysis to make fundamental investment decisions;
- perform state-of-the-art geospatial analyses;
- forecast future demand and opportunities for investment.
Prerequisite: CI 101: Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
Jeremy Cyrier, CCIM
President of MANSARD Commercial Properties in Boston, Mass. During his almost 15 years in commercial real estate, Cyrier has worked with clients like Globus Medical, City of Gloucester, Massachusetts, The Cambridge Institute for International Education, Howland Development, Reading Cooperative Bank, and Tambone Investment Group.
Breakfast and Lunch included
8:30 am to 5:30 pmMonday, May 06, 2019 at 08:30 AM through May 09, 2019The Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA