Please join us and our friends at CCIM for our annual mid-summer reception at the PeopleSpace Showroom. Come and tour the beautiful newly designed indoor/outdoor space. Prospective members can meet and mingle with our members, and learn more about what Lambda Alpha International has to offer.
Fee $35 (Advance reservations required)
Click Here for Parking Instructions
REGISTER NOW!Thursday, August 01, 2019 at 05:30 PMrsvp
Learn and apply the CCIM Interest-based Negotiations Model to your most challenging transactions. Learn new, proven strategies to client acceptance that will get you out of the "high/low game" and other tactics that can derail a successful transaction.
Interest-based negotiation is a three-step process that brings discipline to your negotiation strategies.
It involves identifying:
- What parties are involved in the negotiation, and what are they seeking?
- What can we do to get the other parties what they need, so that we can get what we want?
- What happens if there is no agreement?
Through an interactive case study format and role play, you will learn to:
- Satisfy the interests of parties involved in the negotiation (without sacrificing yours)
- Develop strategies for identifying and addressing challenges in a principled, transparent manner
- Maintain a collaborative approach to negotiations
- Effectively communicate the consequences of not reaching an agreement
Carmela Ma, CCIM
Carmela Ma, CCIM, CIPS, FRICS, is President/CEO of CJM Associates, Inc. in Beverly Hills, Calif. During her over 4 decades in commercial real estate, Ma has negotiated industrial, multifamily, and office transactions with trusts, attorneys, global investors, Financial Institutions, and asset managers.
Ma has been a CCIM Institute instructor since 1994. She has also gained acclaim as an award-winning speaker globally.
Ma was awarded Instructor of the Year in 2003, CI 104 Senior Instructor of the Year in 2011, and the CCIM People's Choice Award in 2003, 2006, and 2014. Real Estate Southern California named her as one of their Most Influential Women in Real Estate in 2008. She was also recognized as one of the Women at the Top by Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) in 2009.
Members Price: $275
Non-Memberst Price: $325Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 08:30 AM
Similar to other courses, CI 104 is case-study driven. Within each case study, you will encounter a key investor decision: Should a non-taxable investor acquire an investment with or without debt financing? What if the investor is taxable? During the holding period of an investment, should an investor make a discretionary capital expenditure or not? How does an investor evaluate disposition alternatives? Gain knowledge, tools, and resources needed to make these decisions.
Begin to develop the practice of integrating the CCIM Communications/Negotiations Model into all real estate decisions with a focus on using this Model in presentations.
With today’s challenging real estate market, we will also take a comprehensive look into approaching risk analysis by exploring the types of risk associated with real estate investment, and the ways to mitigate and manage those risks.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply key investor decision-making analyses to optimize investment returns.
- More effectively forecast investment performance by quantifying real estate risk.
- Leverage CCIM analytical tools to improve decision-making
Monday, August 19, 2019 at 08:00 AM through August 23, 2019
- CI 101 – Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Completion of one of the following interest-based negotiations courses:
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 06:00 PMCross Campus in Los Angeles, CA
CI 101 is a bedrock class for real estate practitioners at a time when risk mitigation, pricing and cycle assurance have become critical to investors. CI 101 introduces the CCIM Cash Flow Model, a tool for ensuring your investment decisions are based on wise finance fundamentals. During the course, you will learn how to use key financial concepts such as Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), Cap rate, Capital Accumulation, and the Annual Growth Rate of Capital to compare different types of commercial real estate investments.Monday, November 18, 2019 at 08:00 AM through November 22, 2019