Combine the personal attention of an instructor with the flexibility of online learning. Courses have one or more virtual sessions per week and defined start and end dates. All materials are provided online. Review the Schedule for specific session times.
- CI 101 - Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Completion of one of the following interest-based negotiations courses:
- Preparing to Negotiate (self-paced online)
Commercial Real Estate Negotiations (1-day workshop)
CI 103: User Decision Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
Linking a company's enterprise-level goals with their real estate strategy is key to offering the right space solution. Whether an investor, operator, or a broker, it's important to approach real estate problems from the perspective of the user/occupant. In CI 103, you'll learn such advanced skills as how to perform a comparative lease analysis between competing assets, analyze a sale-leaseback to help a client generate capital from their owned real estate, and advise a client on a lease vs. purchase decision to facilitate an expansion.
Incorporating the CCIM Decision-Making Model and the CCIM Communications/Negotiations Model, CI 103 explores new concepts regarding user discount rate selection, such as using multiple rates for some occupancy decisions based on perception of risk related to the various occupancy cash flows.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- apply key occupancy decision-making skills such as comparative lease analysis, lease vs. purchase analysis, lease buyout analysis, and sale-leaseback analysis to optimize user space decisions;
- determine how the financial reporting requirements for real estate influence user decisions; and
- integrate negotiation skills with financial analysis skills to maximize user outcomes.
Course dates and times are listed below. To receive course credit, students are required to pass the course exam by earning a score or 70% or higher. All exams are administered online. The exam opens at 8 a.m. Central time the day after the course ends and closes at 8 a.m. Central time seven (7) days later.
Example: The exam for a course that ends on Thursday will open at 8 a.m. Central time Friday. That exam will close at 8 a.m. Central time the following Friday.
Session Dates and Times
The virtual classroom sessions meet a total of 10 times, from 1:00pm - 3:00pm CT and 5:00pm-7:00pm CT
• Sessions 1 and 2: Monday, 9th November
• Sessions 3 and 4: Wednesday, 11th November
• Sessions 5 and 6: Friday, 13th November
• Sessions 7 and 8: Monday, 16th November
• Sessions 9 and 10: Wednesday, 18th November