Investment real estate is a viable asset for most large fiduciary portfolios aiming to achieve long-term growth, income, and stability.
Knowledge is Power and your most valuable asset.
Wealth accumulation, maximization of value, and return are the primary investment responsibilities of those entrusted to manage assets for fiduciary accounts.
Fulfillment of that goal includes knowing that quality investment real estate serves as a vital long-term asset for most large diversified portfolios. Its added value components include long-term appreciation, generation of income, potential tax benefits, and much more.
This fast-paced four hours course is an exciting introduction to many of the critical tools used by the most sophisticated real estate professionals in the world of investment real estate. Learn techniques in analysis, research, marketing, negotiation, and more that will give you the competitive edge in meeting the highest standard of care and diligence required in fiduciary management.
Course subjects will include:
- Leverage CCIM analytical tools to improve decision making and strategic planning
- Make informed investment decisions using the CCIM Cash Flow Model;
- Measure the impact of federal taxation and federal leverage on the cash flow from the acquisition, ownership, and disposition phases of real estate investment; and
- Show examples of how to use real estate analysis tools to quantify investment return.
- Apply key investor decision-making analyses to optimize investment returns;
- More effectively forecast investment performance by quantifying real estate risk; and
- A look at the entire life cycle of an investment, from refinancing to capital improvements to disposition.
- Discuss key occupancy decision-making skills such as comparative lease analysis, lease vs. purchase analysis, lease buyout analysis, and sale-leaseback analysis to optimize user space decisions;
- Demonstrate the feasibility model: Apply Market and Competitive Analysis, Political and Legal Analysis, Location and Site Analysis, and Financial Analysis to make fundamental investment decisions;
- Perform state-of-the-art geospatial analyses; and
- Forecast future demand and opportunities for investment.
**Following the course, you are invited to stay for a hands-on session using the CCIM calculator to calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), Cap Rate, Capital Accumulation, and Annual Growth Rate of Capital to compare different types of commercial real estate investments.
Optional but highly recommended - bring a laptop computer with Excel Program
Location, Date, and Time:
The Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® (GLAR)
Registration Rate: $350
November 5, 2021, Friday
Registration: 9:30 am
Class starts promptly at 10:00 AM until 3:30 PM
Followed by an optional hands-on session 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM - Lunch will be served
**All COVID protocols to be adhered to. Masks required. **
Carmela Ma, CCIM
CJM Associates, Inc. | President/CEO
Peter G. Lawson, CCIM
For questions regarding registration:
Contact: Carmela Ma, CCIM
E-Mail: [email protected]
Contact: Peter G. Lawson, CCIM
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (213) 304-8870