Incorporating the CCIM Decision-Making Model and the CCIM Communications/Negotiations Model, CI 103 explores new concepts regarding user discount rate selection, such as using multiple rates for some occupancy decisions based on perception of risk related to the various occupancy cash flows.
- CI 101 - Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Completion of one of the following interest-based negotiations courses:
- Preparing to Negotiate (self-paced online)
Commercial Real Estate Negotiations (1-day workshop)
CI 103: User Decision Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
Linking a company's enterprise-level goals with their real estate strategy is key to offering the right space solution. Whether an investor, operator, or a broker, it's important to approach real estate problems from the perspective of the user/occupant. In CI 103, you'll learn such advanced skills as how to perform a comparative lease analysis between competing assets, analyze a sale-leaseback to help a client generate capital from their owned real estate, and advise a client on a lease vs. purchase decision to facilitate an expansion.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- apply key occupancy decision-making skills such as comparative lease analysis, lease vs. purchase analysis, lease buyout analysis, and sale-leaseback analysis to optimize user space decisions;
- determine how the financial reporting requirements for real estate influence user decisions; and
- integrate negotiation skills with financial analysis skills to maximize user outcomes.
Jim Rosen, CCIM
Pace Properties | Vice President - Brokerage
To register, you will first need to log in or create an account. If you don’t have a CCIM Institute account, select “Create Account” on the main menu before proceeding with your registration.
Combine the personal attention of an instructor with the flexibility of online learning. Courses have one or more virtual sessions per week and defined start and end dates. All materials are provided online. Review the Schedule for specific session times.