The Architect's Role as a Real Estate Developer is unlimited and is a reflection of his historical perspective when he was known in the middle ages as "THE MASTER BUILDER" Quote from John Portman, Architect.
Architects are taught "FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION," but the real world of Real Estate teaches that "FORM FOLLOWS FINANCE."
Real estate development education and training begins in the university Architecture Bachelors Program and should include real estate development.
The professional architect needs to invest in real estate as early as possible by investing in income-producing real estate - "Duplexes, Apartments, Shopping Centers, Office Buildings, and Mixed-Use Projects."
Course subjects will include:
- Analyze Commercial Development Examples
- Introduce CCIM Development Track
- Leverage CCIM analytical tools to improve decision-making and strategic planning.
- Make informed investment decisions using the CCIM Cash Flow Model;
- Measure the impact of federal taxation and federal leverage on the cash flow from the acquisition, ownership, and disposition phases of real estate investment; and
- Show examples of how to use real estate analysis tools to quantify investment return.
- Apply key investor decision-making analyses to optimize investment returns;
- More effectively forecast investment performance by quantifying real estate risk; and
- A look at the entire life cycle of an investment, from refinancing to capital improvements to disposition.
- Discuss key occupancy decision-making skills such as comparative lease analysis, lease vs. purchase analysis, lease buyout analysis, and sale-leaseback analysis to optimize user space decisions;
- Demonstrate the feasibility model: Apply Market and Competitive Analysis, Political and Legal Analysis, Location and Site Analysis, and Financial Analysis to make fundamental investment decisions;
- Perform state-of-the-art geospatial analyses; and
- Forecast future demand and opportunities for investment.
Optional but highly recommended - bring a laptop computer with Excel Program
**Following the course, you are invited to stay for a hands-on session using the CCIM calculator to calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), Cap Rate, Capital Accumulation, and Annual Growth Rate of Capital to compare different types of commercial real estate investments.
Location, Dates, and Times:
The Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® (GLAR)
Registration Rate: $245.00
October 29, 2021, Friday
Registration 8:30 AM
Class: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDT
**All COVID protocol will be adhered to. Masks required.**
Carmela Ma, CCIM
CJM Associates, Inc. | President/CEO
David K. Hyun, MBA, AIA, CCIM
Coldwell Banker Commercial George Realty | Broker Associate
For questions regarding registration:
Contact: Carmela Ma, CCIM
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact: David Hyun, AIA, CCIM
Telephone: (626) 221-1179
E-mail: [email protected]