Combine the personal attention of an instructor with the flexibility of online learning. Courses have one or more virtual sessions per week and defined start and end dates. All materials are provided online. Review the Schedule for specific session times.
- CI 101 - Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- Completion of one of the following interest-based negotiations courses:
- Preparing to Negotiate (self-paced online)
- Commercial Real Estate Negotiations (1-day workshop)
CI 104 encompasses the entire life cycle of an investment, from refinancing to capital improvements to disposition. Within each case study, you will encounter a key investor decision: Should a non-taxable investor acquire an investment with or without debt financing? What if the investor is taxable? During the holding period of an investment, should an investor make a discretionary capital expenditure or not? How does an investor evaluate disposition alternatives?
CI 104 uses advanced analyses to build on the core CCIM concepts. Sensitivity analysis allows you to pinpoint exactly how slight changes in market fundamentals affect investment goals. Risk analysis uses past performance to anticipate how an investment is exposed to external and internal threats. Learn how to mitigate those threats through smart planning and negotiations.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- apply key investor decision-making analyses to optimize investment returns;
- more effectively forecast investment performance by quantifying real estate risk; and
- leverage CCIM analytical tools to improve decision making.
This course requires the use of a laptop or desktop computer with full Excel capabilities. Mobile devices, like iPads, tablets, and cellphones, will not run CCIM Institute's macro-enabled spreadsheets.
PC: Microsoft Office 2000 or higher is necessary to run the CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Mac: Mac versions of Microsoft Office 2004, 2011, 2016, or 365 are required to run the CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Todd Clarke, CCIM
NM Apartment Advisors Inc.|CEO