CI 101 is a bedrock class for real estate practitioners at a time when risk mitigation, pricing, and cycle assurance have become critical to investors. CI 101 introduces the CCIM Cash Flow Model, a tool for ensuring your investment decisions are based on wise finance fundamentals. During the course, you will learn how to use key financial concepts such as Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), Cap Rate, Capital Accumulation, and the Annual Growth Rate of Capital to compare different types of commercial real estate investments.
This course will teach you how to:
- make informed investment decisions using the CCIM Cash Flow Model;
- measure the impact of federal taxation and financial leverage on the cash flow from the acquisition, ownership, and disposition phases of real estate investment; and
- use real estate analysis tools to quantify investment return.
All sessions are recorded. The recording will be available for download within 24 hours of the session end time.
To receive course credit, students are required to pass the course exam by earning a score or 70% or higher. All exams are administered online. Exams open at 8 a.m. Central time the day after the course ends and close at 8 a.m. Central time seven (7) days later.
Example: The exam for a course that ends on Thursday will open at 8 a.m. Central time Friday. That exam will close at 8 a.m. Central time the following Friday.
The virtual classroom sessions meet a total of 10 times from 6:00pm - 8:00pm CT
• Session 1 Tuesday, 10th November
• Session 2 Thursday, 12th November
• Session 3 Tuesday, 17th November
• Session 4 Thursday, 19th November
• Session 5 Tuesday, 1st December
• Session 6 Tuesday, 3rd December
• Session 7 Thursday, 8th December
• Session 8 Tuesday, 10th December
• Session 9 Thursday, 15th December
• Session 10 Tuesday, 21st December