Learn and apply the CCIM Interest-based Negotiations Model to your most challenging transactions. Learn new, proven strategies to client acceptance that will get you out of the "high/low game" and other tactics that can derail a successful transaction.
Interest-based negotiation is a three-step process that brings discipline to your negotiation strategies.
It involves identifying:
- What parties are involved in the negotiation, and what are they seeking?
- What can we do to get the other parties what they need, so that we can get what we want?
- What happens if there is no agreement?
Through an interactive case study format and role play, you will learn to:
- Satisfy the interests of parties involved in the negotiation (without sacrificing yours)
- Develop strategies for identifying and addressing challenges in a principled, transparent manner
- Maintain a collaborative approach to negotiations
- Effectively communicate the consequences of not reaching an agreement
Carmela Ma, CCIM
Carmela Ma, CCIM, CIPS, FRICS, is President/CEO of CJM Associates, Inc. in Beverly Hills, Calif. During her over 4 decades in commercial real estate, Ma has negotiated industrial, multifamily, and office transactions with trusts, attorneys, global investors, Financial Institutions, and asset managers.
Ma has been a CCIM Institute instructor since 1994. She has also gained acclaim as an award-winning speaker globally.
Ma was awarded Instructor of the Year in 2003, CI 104 Senior Instructor of the Year in 2011, and the CCIM People's Choice Award in 2003, 2006, and 2014. Real Estate Southern California named her as one of their Most Influential Women in Real Estate in 2008. She was also recognized as one of the Women at the Top by Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) in 2009.
Members Price: $275
Non-Memberst Price: $325
6330 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Google map and directions